Carter County requests qualifications for engineering design and inspection services to assist in the proposed Wastewater Improvement Project within Carter County. The proposed project will be partially financed with funding from the Community Development Block Grant Program.
Information provided to the county must include:
(1) The specialized experience and technical competence of the firm with respect to construction design, specification preparation or related work;
(2) The capacity and capability of the firm to complete the work in question, including specialized services, within a period of twenty-four months from the project start date;
(3) The past record of performance of the firm with respect to such factors as control of costs, quality of work and ability to meet schedules;
(4) The firm’s proximity to and familiarity with the area in which the project is located;
(5) References from previous clients of related work with the firm within the past five years; and
(6) Documentation of compliance with E-Verify requirements.
The firm will be selected based on the above qualifications. The ability to begin work immediately plus items 2 and 3 above shall receive primary consideration. Once the most qualified firm is selected, a cost for preliminary engineering will be negotiated separately from the cost for engineering design. Contracting for these activities shall occur separately and costs/payments associated with each will be clearly defined. Contracts executed for final engineering and construction inspection services shall be contingent upon the award of the grant and commitment of all project funds.
The above information should be received by Carter County no later than Thursday, October 8th, 2020 at 4:00 pm via regular mail to Carter County, Attn: County Clerk, PO Box 51, Van Buren, MO 63965. For more information, contact the County Clerk at (573) 323-4527. Carter County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and invites the submission of proposals from minority and women-owned firms.