Carter County requests qualifications for preliminary architecture services and subsequent architecture design services to assist in a proposed project to be financed with Community Development Block Grant COVID-19 (CDBG-CV) funds. The project consists of rehabilitation of roofing, flooring, walls, and installation of multiple appliances to the Carter County Nutrition Center located in Van Buren, MO.
Information provided to the County must include:
1. The specialized experience and technical competence of the firm with respect to building design of an educational facility or related work;
2. The capacity and capability of the firm to perform the work in question, including specialized services, within a period of twenty-four months from the project start date;
3. The past record and performance of the firm with respect to such factors as control of costs, quality of work, and ability to meet schedules;
4. The firm’s proximity to and familiarity with the area in which the project is located;
5. References from previous clients of related work with the firm within the past five years;
6. Documentation of compliance with E-Verify requirements.
The firm will be selected based on the above qualifications. Once the most qualified firm is selected, a cost for preliminary architectural work will be negotiated separately from the cost of architectural design. Contracting for these activities shall occur separately and costs/payments associated with each will be clearly defined. Contracts executed for final design and construction services shall be contingent upon the award of the grant commitment of all project funds.
The above information should be received either electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org or through regular by Carter County no later than Thursday, September 16th, 2021, at 4:00 PM via regular mail to Carter County, Attn: County Clerk, PO Box 517, Van Buren, MO 63965. For more information, contact the County Clerk at (573) 323-4527. Carter County is an Equal Opportunity Employer and invites the submission of proposals from minority and women-owned firms.