The Poplar Bluff R-1 School District requests qualifications for preliminary architecture services and subsequent architecture design services to assist in a proposed project to be partially financed with Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds. The remainder of the project is being financed by funds from other granting agencies, in-kind work, and local cash match. The project consists of expansion of the school district’s Culinary Arts Program at the Technical Career Center, including construction of a new facility.
Information provided to the school district must include:
1. The specialized experience and technical competence of the firm with respect to building design of an educational facility or related work;
2. The capacity and capability of the firm to perform the work in question, including specialized services, beginning April 16, 2021;
3. The past record and performance of the firm with respect to such factors as control of costs, quality of work, and ability to meet schedules;
4. The firm’s proximity to and familiarity with the area in which the project is located;
5. References from previous clients of related work with the firm within the past five years;
6. Documentation of compliance with E-Verify requirements.
The firm will be selected based on the above qualifications. Once the most qualified firm is selected, a cost for preliminary architectural work will be negotiated separately from the cost of architectural design. Contracting for these activities shall occur separately and costs/payments associated with each will be clearly defined. Contracts executed for final design and construction services shall be contingent upon the award of the grant commitment of all project funds.
The above information should be received either electronically at firstname.lastname@example.org or through regular mail in the District’s Central Office no later than 4 p.m. Wednesday, April 14, 2021. Please mail a physical copy to the school district, should the initial response be emailed. Submittals shall be mailed or delivered to: Dr. Amy Jackson, District Assistant Superintendent-Business Poplar Bluff R-I School District Qualifications for Architectural Services 1110 North Westwood Blvd Poplar Bluff, MO 63901-3336
The Poplar Bluff R-I School District reserves the right to reject any or all submittals and to waive any informality and irregularity in the qualifications and to select the firm that is in the best interest of the District and in compliance with the terms set forth herein. The Poplar Bluff R-I School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and invites the submission of proposals from minority and women-owned firms. For additional information contact Dr. Amy Jackson, District Assistant Superintendent-Business at 573- 785-7751 or email@example.com.