SENIOR HOUSING DEVELOPMENT SERVICES
The City of Van Buren requests qualifications for residential housing development services to assist in the proposed construction of senior housing using the Missouri Housing Development Commission’s (MHDC) Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) program within the City of Van Buren, Mo. The proposed project will also be eligible to apply for partial financing from the Community Development Block Grant – Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) program and must serve low-to-moderate income individuals.
Information provided to the city must include:
(1) The specialized experience and technical competence of the firm with respect to residential housing development utilizing low income housing tax credits or related work;
(2) The capacity and capability of the firm to complete the work in question, including specialized services, within a period of twenty-four months from the project start date;
(3) The past record of performance of the firm with respect to such factors as control of costs, quality of work and ability to meet schedules;
(4) The firm’s proposed project location within the city limits of Van Buren, MO and number of senior housing units proposed;
(5) The firm’s proximity to and familiarity with the area in which the project is located;
(6) References from previous clients of related work with the firm within the past five years; and
(7) Documentation of compliance with E-Verify requirements.
The firm will be selected based on the above qualifications. The ability to begin work immediately plus items 2 and 3 above shall receive primary consideration. Once the most qualified firm is selected, development costs will be negotiated. Contracting for these activities shall occur separately and costs/payments associated with each will be clearly defined. Contracts executed for residential housing development services shall be contingent upon the award of the tax credits and/or grant and commitment of all project funds.
The above information should be received by the City of Van Buren no later than Monday, August 26, 2019 at 4:00 pm via regular mail to City of Van Buren, Attn: City Clerk, PO Box 40, Van Buren, Mo. 63965. For more information contact the City Clerk at (573) 323-4335. The City of Van Buren is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and invites the submission of proposals from minority and women-owned firms.