PROFESSIONAL ENGINEERING SERVICES: ENGINEERING DESIGN, FINAL DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION INSPECTION SERVICES
The City of Ellington requests qualifications for preliminary design, subsequent engineering design, and construction inspection services to assist in a proposed project to be financed with grant funding from the U.S. Department of Commerce, Economic Development Administration (EDA. Community Development Block Grant funding from the Missouri Department of Economic Development may also be sought for the project. The project consists of the construction of a weir along the Logan Creek within the City of Ellington to prevent future flood damage to the city’s commercial district.
Information provided to the city must include ONE copy of the following:
1) The specialized experience and technical competence of the firm with respect to
construction design, specification preparation, and related work;
2) The capacity and capability of the firm to perform the work in question, including
specialized services, within a period of 36 months beginning August 1, 2019;
3) The past record of performances of the firm with respect to such factors as control of
costs, quality of work and ability to meet schedules;
4) The firm’s proximity to and familiarity with the area in which the project is located;
5) Reference from previous clients of related work with the firm within the past five years;
6) Documentation of compliance with E-Verify requirements.
The firm will be selected based on the above qualifications. Items 2 and 3 above shall receive primary consideration. Once the most qualified firm is selected, a cost for preliminary design will be negotiated separately from the cost for final design and construction inspection. Contracting for these activities shall occur separately and costs/payments associated with each will be clearly defined. Contracts executed for final design and construction inspection services shall be contingent upon the award of the grant and commitment of all project funds.
The above information should be received no later than Monday, August 26th, 2019, 10:00 a.m., by the City Clerk, Ellington City Hall, P.O. Box 7, Ellington, Missouri 63638. For more information contact the City Clerk at (573) 663-7715. The City of Ellington is an Equal Opportunity Employer and invites the submission of qualifications for minority and women-owned firms.