Carter County requests qualifications for architectural design and inspection services to assist in the
rehabilitation of a historic structure, the former Carter County Courthouse, located in Van Buren, Mo.
The proposed project will be partially financed by the U.S. Economic Development Association (EDA)
Travel, Tourism, and Recreation program.
Information provided to the county must include:
(1) The specialized experience and technical competence of the firm with respect to construction design,
specification preparation or related work;
(2) The capacity and capability of the firm to complete the work in question, including specialized
services, within a period of twenty-four months from the project start date;
(3) The past record of performance of the firm with respect to such factors as control of costs, quality of
work and ability to meet schedules;
(4) The firm’s proximity to and familiarity with the area in which the project is located;
(5) References from previous clients of related work with the firm within the past five years; and
(6) Documentation of compliance with E-Verify requirements.
The firm will be selected based on the above qualifications. The ability to begin work immediately plus
items 2 and 3 above shall receive primary consideration. Once the most qualified firm is selected, a cost
for preliminary architectural work will be negotiated separately from the cost for architectural design.
Contracting for these activities shall occur separately and costs/payments associated with each will be
clearly defined. Contracts executed for final architectural and construction inspection services shall be
contingent upon the award of the grant and commitment of all project funds.
The above information should be received by the Carter County Clerk no later than Friday, October 22,
2021, at 4:00 pm via regular mail to Carter County Courthouse, Attn: Clerk’s Office, P.O. Box 517, Van
Buren, Mo. 63965. Electronic submissions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information,
contact County Clerk Leona Stephens at (573) 323-4527. Carter County is an Equal Opportunity
Employer and invites the submission of proposals from minority and women-owned firms.